The Healthcare and Wellness activities have emerged in Al-Basheer Foundation for Development to enhance and support the Iraqi health sector, which suffers from several difficulties that led to a reluctance to provide health services to citizens. The enhancements were implemented through allocating subsidized health centres that provide various health services with minimal expenses which ordinary citizens can afford. These services are (Internal Medicine Clinics, Dentistry Clinics, Ophthalmologic Clinics and eyesight check-ups, Paediatric Clinics, Orthopaedics Clinics, Gynecology Clinics, Nursing services, Health-care Services, Sonogram Tests, and Medical laboratories). Most health complexes include pharmacy services. It’s worth noting that the foundation has installed several TV screens in the complex’s waiting rooms to display health awareness short films among citizens with the purpose of increasing health awareness among the general public.
Eight health complexes have been established in various areas of Baghdad, particularly in areas that have high population density with income of mid to below average, and two mobile clinics one for internal medicine and the other is dentistry.
- Al-Basheer Complex For Dentistry was founded in mid-2010 in the Nadhimiya area that belongs to Eastern Karada District which is located south of the Iraqi capital Baghdad with a population of over two hundred thousand inhabitants
- Al-Basheer Health Complex was founded in 2011 in Al-Basaten across Al-Siha Street belongs to Al-Sha’ab District located north-east of the Iraqi capital Baghdad and its population is estimated to be seven hundred thousand inhabitants.
- Al-Basheer Health Complex was founded in 2012 in Al-Dolaee that belongs to Al-Shuala District which is located in the north of Baghdad with a population of over one and a half million inhabitants.
- Al-Basheer Health Complex was founded in 2014 at Al-Sha’ab bridge intersection in AL-Shuala District and located in the north of Baghdad with a population of over one and half million inhabitants.
- Al-Basheer Health Complex was founded in 2015 on Aden street in Al Sha’ab District, located in the north-east of Baghdad which has a population of about seven hundred thousand inhabitants
- Al-Basheer Dental Complex was founded in 2016 in Al-Kisra area in Al A’zamiyah, located in the north of Baghdad its population is estimated to be three hundred thousand inhabitants.
- Al-Basheer Health Complex was founded in 2016 in the Saridat area of Al Sha’ab District, located in the north-east of Baghdad which has a population of about seven hundred thousand inhabitants
- Al-Basheer Dental Complex was founded in 2017 in the area of Seven Palaces, which belongs to the Eastern Karada District, which is located south of Baghdad and has a population of about two hundred thousand inhabitants.
- Al-Basheer Mobile Clinic which is a caravan built-in with sonar and EKG, was founded in 2018 for the purpose of providing services in a larger geographical range to help as many citizens as possible and to be able to reach the remote area which lacks the most basic health services as the foundation had visited remote conflict-affected area positioned in Baghdad Belt which its health system has been severely damaged by the ruthless attacks of the terrorist.
- Al-Basheer Mobile Dental Clinic, founded in 2021, contains a Dental clinic and X-ray machine. Its purpose is to give treatment to orphans in orphanages, and elders in nursing homes.
The Foundation contributed to health awareness campaigns to fight the spread of the covid-19 virus in Iraq to support the Iraqi Ministry of Health and its health institutions in the face of this global pandemic that has plagued our dear country. The campaigns disseminated health education by printing and publishing posters that include information about the prevention of virus corona, the promotion of physical immunity and the promotion of vaccination.